A Brief History Of
The Macoun Evangelical Missionary Church


The Macoun Evangelical Missionary church family had its beginnings in 1929 when four families came from Morse Saskatchewan and began meeting together. Soon after these families began meeting together they applied to and became a mission of the Evangelical Church Conference (as it was called at that time).

Rev. J.S. Domm was the first resident Pastor. The ten charter members began by holding meetings in people's homes and then had tent meetings in which people came to trust their lives to Jesus. Historically evangelism and revival were major emphases in our church family. It is reported that in 1935 fifty nine consecutive days of revival meetings were held. A healthy youth group, Sunday School classes and musical gifts have continued to be important parts of our church.

The first church building was built in 1930, and the present church facility was constructed in 1980. Presently we are praying about and discussing the future expansion of parking and facilities. Our church has always been an important part of the Macoun community and fully intends to continue to do so. We are anticipating celebrating our 85th year of ministry in Macoun in the fall of 2014.

Throughout its history the Macoun church has always been associated with the same denomination. Our denomination has undergone some name changes from the Evangelical church, to the Evangelical United Brethren church, to the Evangelical Church of Canada. Most recently, in 1993, the Evangelical Church of Canada merged with the Missionary Church of Canada to become the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada. While the names have changed our commitment to the Lordship of Jesus and to the authority of God's Word has always remained the same.

Note: Most of the historical dates and information were taken from Pioneers of Faith: A History of The Evangelical Church in Canada.


© Macoun Evangelical Missionary Church



Macoun SK   •   S0C 1P0   •   306.634.9284